The Therapy Journals of the Fat-Headed Klingon Woman

One woman's journey to becoming Her True Self

This Is The Way We Ramble Incoherently, So Early In the Morning! September 27, 2010

Hello all.  I regret to inform you that I have nothing in particular to talk about in this post.  I just needed to get something new up here.  I’d like to get in the habit of writing at least every other day.  It is a complete time-sucker, but what else have I got to do?  Oh, that’s right- laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning the garage.  Meh.  Writing’s much more fun. 


So I’m trying to decide where would be the best place to get the girls’ class rings.  I’ve browsed the big school-sponsored vendors, Balfour and Jostens.  Ridiculously expensive.  I’ve checked WalMart.  Ridiculously limited options.  I wish I could remember the name of the ring design site I was playing with when I thought I was going to buy myself a college ring.  It seems like they had a good number of choices for a good price. 


The weather is cool again.  I love it.  I felt sure the sign in front of the high school had to be wrong, though.  It said it was 48 degrees when I was dropping the girls off this morning.  Not a chance.  It was maybe 52.  Poor Daughter J.  She hates this time of year, when the heat is gone and the cold is coming.  She loves summer more than anything.  I think she was meant to be a California girl or something.  Yesterday the weather was so beautiful, we all agreed that we needed to have a picnic after church.  We invited these twin boys who are friends of my twin girls, got some gosh-awfully expensive KFC, and went to the park.  It was cool and windy, (almost too cool in the shade) a perfect picnic day.  We didn’t really spend much time playing at the park.  They wanted to try a different park, and it was busier than the first.  There was a mom and her two little kids flying kites at the second park.  My kiddos might have liked to do that- it was a pretty perfect kite day, but we didn’t have any.  We walked for a bit, The Boy rode his scooter, and we went home. 


Speaking of The Boy, here’s hoping he has a good day at school today.  We went to the doctor on Friday and he increased the ADHD med a little.  He seemed in a good mood when he left for school, but with him you can never tell.  I was really proud of him on Thursday, though.  I got the idea to see how he behaved with a little extra of his ADHD med, because someone had pointed out to me that he had gained 30 lbs in the year since we started that med, and we hadn’t changed the dose!  And 30 lbs was almost half his original starting weight.  So I gave him a little extra on Thursday, and wouldn’t you know, he finished all his work for that day, as well as the work for the next day, because I told his teacher we were going to be gone to the doctor!  His doctor increased the dose by 1 mg, which was less than what I had given him the day before, but more than he had been taking.  I’m praying it still has enough effect to help him have a good day.  As I said before, he seemed to be in a good mood when he got out of the car this morning, but that’s never a reliable indicator.  I’ve literally had him get out of the car smiling and happy-acting, and the school was calling by the time I got back home!


I haven’t talked about Weight Watchers much lately.  That’s because there’s nothing to tell.  I cannot seem to get my head on straight and start tracking again. I’ve been slacking off for a couple of weeks now, at least.  I’m hoping I can avoid losing ground.  It. is. so. hard!  Today, for example, I fixed some cinnamon rolls for breakfast. You know, the kind you find in the canned biscuit section of the grocery store?  There are 8 in a package, so we could have had 2 each.  Two might not have been bad, but when I got home from taking the kids to school and Daughter J. had not eaten hers, I finished them.  And weigh-in is TOMORROW!  I’m extraordinarily frustrated with myself.  I’ve tried not to be too bad, but I haven’t been very good either.  Oh well.  I just have to hang in for 3 more days and then I can go get a big batch of groceries and buy healthy stuff and plan really good WW meals and get my ‘stuff’ together before the holidays hit and I am completely out of control. 


Well, I know this post has been wildly exciting to you, and you’re loathe to see it end.  However, as all good things are wont to do, it has in fact come to an end.  Do join me next time, when I will post some new poetry and hopefully write something entertaining!


Until next time,



2 Responses to “This Is The Way We Ramble Incoherently, So Early In the Morning!”

  1. Mandi Says:

    I got my class ring at gold n designs on12th st in Ardmore. It was pretty reasonable 20 years ago!! My ring was around 100 bucks I think.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s